Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm the Mad Hatter

Dear Diary:

I love wearing hats!  In all my worlds, I love wearing hats!  Sun hats, baseball hats, berets, newsboy caps, toques - any type of hats at all!  That's why a lot of my hair styles come with oh-so-cool hats!
Milagros is one of my newest hat styles.  The knitted cap has a cute peak over the forehead.  I like the silver deco pin on the side of the cap.  Wispy bangs brush to the side.  Straight hair, on the longer side, falls over the shoulders but has a lot of bounce to it.  This is one of my favourite styles.  Unfortunately the cap or pin don't change colour but black goes with everything anyway.
I first saw "Harriet" at Hair Fair 2010.  I didn't buy it then but went back to the store and picked it up.  The hair is caught in a loose bun at the back with little wisps coming down the nape of the neck.  The bangs are thick and fall just past the eyebrows.  The hat is a cloche type and looks great with some of the winter coats just coming out for the cooler season.  The material on the hat has a tweed look so it's very versatile to wear with other patterns.  It changes to over 10 colours.
This is my favourite knitted "newsboy" cap.  The cable stitch knit has a lot of detail to it and looks hand knitted.  It changes to many colours as does the deco pin on the side.  It has a slight peak and tilts to one side.  The flexi hair falls down the back but has a layered look to it.  This cap can be worn with a jacket and jeans or with a winter dress coat.  It truly is a very adaptable hat.
The bowler gives this a rather campy appearance.  It's only in the black colour but that allows it to go with any colour of coat or suit.   This is one of the more different looks in my hat collection and I think I like it mostly for that reason.  I do like the hair.  It has a tousled look with straight bangs that cover the eyebrows.  The hair frames the face so you can still see facial details and jewelry.


I love my hats.  I have a lot in my collection ...but there's always room for more!

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Ava (group gift)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: FTL eyelashes 502 Kirei
Nails: PXL Nail Polish (Manicure Pink #1)

Sweater: Surf Couture Slouchy Thread sweater (gray stripe)
Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry Large Hoop earrings (silver) (store gift)

Picture 1: HAIR & HAIR Milagros
Picture 2: The Strand Harriet
Picture 3: W&Y #41
Picture 4: Oh Hair Oh my What?

Poses: Glitterati Head Shots