Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day in Canada

Dear Diary:

Yes, today is Boxing Day in Canada and in many other places in the world.  It has a long history behind the day, some facts from the Middle Ages. However, the data is often obscure or variable but the meaning behind the day is always interesting.  

I always enjoy this day.  It's always nice to have a day off of work but it's a day to sit and relax after the crazy, whirlwind day of Christmas festivities.


Today I am just taking it easy - if dishes from last night's dinner; washing table cloths, silverware and napkins; scrubbing the sticky whatevers off the kitchen floor; and vacuuming up the ground in cookies, count as "taking it easy".

Tonight I'm going out to a formal ball where you must wear "Christmas colours".  I really hope navy counts as a "Christmas colour" because I really like the look of this dress. I love the filmy skirt.  I always feel like I'm floating. 
The back has such great detail, with the lace insert.
I know the evening will go so quickly that it will just be a blur but I don't get a chance to wear a formal dress that often so I'm knocking myself out to look great.  It will be a fun night. 


Good night for now.


I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Estelle (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka (Lola skin package)
Hair: W&Y Hair Limited (Haiti)


Formal gown: Baiastice Valentine gown (satin blue)


Earrings and necklace: Mandala Sinra (wolf silver)


Poses: Exposeur (Little Hearts)


Location: Santa Lucia