Thursday, December 2, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Dear Diary:

I'm absolutely thrilled that this is now December!!  This has got to be my above-all-first-place-magical favourite time of year.  I love the over abundance of red and green; the trees from tacky to trendy; the total hedonistic desire to give the right thing; and the kindness of people who usually disregard the obvious.  I love it all!!

I confess - I'm a Christmas junkie!  I decorate to the extreme and probably go that far in spending too but it comes only once a year and I love it. [Did I say that before?]

I started out decorating on December 1st and will continue on until I've run out of time or decorations.  I decided that the fireplace was the first spot I would tackle.  So I put on some Christmas music, poured myself some egg nog, dressed up in my "best" and started out.
I put a garland across the mantle that has twinkling lights with red bows.  It always looks very Christmasy and so bright when it turns evening.  I placed a matching wreath above on the chimney stack. It happens to be out of the picture.

Of course to do the decorating, one definitely must dress up and wear red.  I got this dress a year ago but I love the lacey look to the skirt.  It's a great cocktail dress and can be worn any time of the year.  

I'm really looking forward to this month and putting on my party clothes.  I don't get a chance to do that often except at this time. YAY!!!  I'm really looking forward to digging out some of the glitzy dresses to show you.


Next time, I'm tackling the tree.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Moscow (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Innocent
Hair: Laqroki Champagne

Dress: Mimikri Nina red

Earrings and necklace: Aglaia Heart of gold (set)

Pose: Exposeur (Sheena)

Garland: Seasonal Creations Decorated garland with red bows