Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd

Dear Diary:

It's been 41 years since Earth Day was started to promote environmental issues.  Close to 200 countries now participate in this event.  We all should be aware of the environmental problems that we have and try to make a healthier world by making small changes in our lifestyles.  Here are some fun facts from a past Earth Day but still relevant today.

And are you ready to create a healthier world this April?  How will you do that?  What will you give up?

I will try my best this year.
I will read a book, enjoy the sunlight, and watch the water on the lake.  I plan on using less energy by unplugging my computer, turning off the television, not using my cell phone and taking the stairs at work.  I'm going to eat a vegan diet since livestock contributes to the world's greenhouse gas emissions.  I'm going to "declutter" my closet and not buy anything soon.  I plan to "recycle, reduce and reuse" even more than I do now.

Wherever you live, Canada, or U.S.A., or Europe or Asia  on Earth Day, let's try to make a small contribution to help our planet.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: Calla Yellow tulip

Tee: Canada T-shirt (no longer available)
Jeans: Coco salopette (light blue) (group gift)
Shoes: IBizarre Karma sneakers

Locations: 
Top picture: Artis Natur
Middle and bottom pictures: Loving Earth