Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Visit from the Royals

Dear Diary:

I must admit I'm a royalist.  I very much liked the hype that went on in Canada with the visit by the newlyweds, Will and Kate [although I heard that protocol says we should now refer to her as Catherine].  The whirlwind trip across Canada was covered in detail by every newspaper, magazine and media group.  The royal couple won accolades for what was termed "chucking out the rules and setting a new course".

As written in the latest issue of Maclean's (July 25, 2011), the royal couple threw out the ritual and pomp.  No bowing or curtsying for them.  They participated in sports (dragon boat racing, street hockey); changed the schedule (visited Slave Lake, Alta on the spur of the moment); and spent time at every stop shaking hands and chit-chatting with the crowd.  They were perceived as just being "everyday people".  Both Will and Kate brought a relaxed, down to earth view for the future.

I always wanted to be the presenter of a flower bouquet to the Duchess.  I think I'm a little to old now to do that...but I guess I can fantasize.


Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (sunkissed)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: LeLutka Lola bun

Dress: Chantkare Nira dress (shrimp)
Belt: SAS big belts (silver)
Shoes: GF square toe shoes "Sophie" (camel)
Fascinator (head piece): LG Concepts Frida

Earrings: Dark Mouse silver ball earrings
Necklace: Mood Trouble (gift)

Pose and flowers: Flowers for you (SL Marketplace)

Location: Knightsbridge, UK