Sunday, October 30, 2011

It Ends with Orange!

Dear Diary:

Well, the 52 Week Colour Challenge has come down to #52.  I was really feeling down...sad...upset because I enjoyed doing this so much.  I loved reading the great blogs of the participants; the photos were phenomenal; the colour offerings innovative and the challenge WAS challenging.  But just before writing this, I happened to come upon this quote:

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Theodor [Dr. Seuss] Geisel

and it got me thinking about some of the colours I was presented with.  Who's heard of "wenge"?  Patriarch is a colour?  Then there was the series that resembled a grocery list - asparagus, lemon, eggplant, banana, tangerine, melon, apricot, cream, electric lime and the dreaded LIVER! Looking fiercely for the different hues of red and trying to come close to matching the colour swatches.  And as I was remembering my furious searches through the weeks, I realized I was smiling.  What a great year this was!  Every Saturday morning, I would look at Luna's blog to find out what challenge I was about to meet this week.  Each week it was so much fun to write this blog.  

Thanks to Luna for the organization, perseverance and the encouragement to keep all of us bloggers on schedule.  Thanks to all the bloggers involved for the information, suggestions, and comments over the past year too.  And a big congrats to those that managed all 52!!  I'll be patiently waiting for January 1st to be starting this all over again.

And so - it ends with orange.
Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: Glam Affair Gio (light) I wanna bite you (TDR)
Lipstick: LeLutka Lola lipstick (orange)
Eyes: Glam Affair Stella eyes (TDR)
Hair: Baiastice witch and vampire hair (gift)
Nails: Love Soul nail colour (orange)

Blouse: SAS Catherine top (black)
Skirt: SAS Catherine skirt (orange)
Belt: SAS bigbelts (black)
Earrings: Dark Mouse Nouveau Lady Bakelite (orange)
Fangs: Baiastice Vampire fangs (gift)