Friday, October 28, 2011

Thinking of Today - Dress for the cause

Dear Diary:

This is my Thinking Day and the only time you won't see me in black when I think.  Today is Dress for the Cause and everyone is encouraged to wear pink in support of breast cancer.

This past year I lost a very good friend in my second life.  She had cancer and was strong to the end.  It touched me deeply and I wrote about it in "Thinking about Friendship .  I have a real life friend going through her second bout of breast cancer. I have seen what she has gone through with the surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.  I have been there with her and I don't want any of the other women I know to have to deal with that.  And, in addition to the physical issues, there is the emotional ravage to herself and to her family.  I'm not sure how one can handle all that and be left with sanity.

To all the marvelous and strong women who are in my life, who I've met through my vitual world, who read this blog, who are out there in Canada, Europe, Asia or beyond, please practice self examination, get your mammograms when you should, and see your doctor.  I don't want to lose anyone else in any world.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eye makeup: Mozz Cosmetics Glittery Smokey Eye (pink)
Hair: LALA Moon Bianco (with attached pink rose) (sim closed at present)
Nails: PXL Creations Manicure Pink (08)

Dress: Vive nine Boatneck dress (rose)
Jacket: AwRam-vie kimono (pink)
Shoes: Adam & Eve classique shoes (pink)

Earrings: Mood Parade of Pearls (tinted pink)
Primagine Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer