Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thinking About my Lucky Life

Dear Diary:


The news still flourishes with pictures and stories from the horrific tornado that devastated Moore, OK.  My heart breaks when I see the homes destroyed, lives uprooted and families broken.  I can't imagine what these people are going through or what horrible trauma they've endured. 

Yes, I live where we have raging snow storms that can shut down the city...but I still have my home.  Right, I've put away the ugly pictures of me and my brothers taken when we had braces and stringy hair...but those photos are available in my closet to bring out for memories.  Of course, I've hidden the ugly vase that has been past down from Great Aunt Tilly...but I have family items to keep.

Things that can't be lost by anyone, at any time are family, friends and loved ones.  Those are what everyone holds as most precious and when taken from us, they're gone forever.  How do you recover from that?

My thoughts, prayers and hopes fly to those strong families in Oklahoma who, though experiencing extreme difficulty, are looking ahead.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:

Hair: Analog Dog .b ffwd
Dress: Candy Metal Summer Kaftan (black)

My Thinking Chair: Morantique Garbo (natura)