Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's National Boss's Day

Dear Diary:

Whether you think your boss is undoubtedly a prince, or just a beast to be dealt with, this is HIS day.


In 1958, Patricia Bays Haroski, proposed a "National Boss's Day.  At that time, she was working in Illinois as a secretary for an insurance company.  She picked
October 16 as the commemorative date as it was her father's birthday.  Interestingly enough, her father was also her boss.

Some interesting facts about the "boss":
  • 1 out of 3 employees think they're smarter than their boss
  • 1 out of 3 would like their boss's job
  • Bosses think they are better role models than they actually are
  • Employees and their boss may be friends but not on a social network as Facebook
  • A boss with children is not as stressed as one who has no family.
To see other things that determine a good boss, check here.

I'm lucky.  I've only experienced one boss in my work career that I felt was not doing an adequate job.  Presently I have a boss in my main life and one in my second life who are both positive futuristic and from whom I've learned a lot.

Today let your boss know if you appreciate what he or she is doing. 

Good Night for now.

Prince Charming Avatar (SL Marketplace) (only $L1)
Giant Besalisk Avatar (SL Marketplace) (free)