Wednesday, November 20, 2013

An Introspection of My Life

Dear Diary:

Berry's Monday Meme is really hard to do this week.  It's difficult to analyze how you personally feel.  


1. Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel?  Wow!  It seems simple but this is a difficult question for me.  Age has never meant much - chronological, biological or psychological - they all seem to be different at various times of life.  But I suppose I would have to say I feel like I'm in my 20's.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Definitely never trying is worse.  You might fail at the trying, but at least you know you gave it a shot.

3. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would never live my life differently even if I had all the time in the world.  My trials, my failures, my successes have made me the person I am and I wouldn't change that.

4. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?  I think I worry more about "doing things right".  In my work, I'm a perfectionist and it's hard to change that line of thinking.  But, on the other hand, I do try and do the right things when it comes to family and friends.

5. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Couldn't I be a joyful genius?  My brain is important to me so "simpleton" wouldn't be me. 

6. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?  Yes.  I can honestly say, and with a great amount of humility, say that I make a very good friend.  My friends even tell me that.  My friends, in all of my lives, mean a great deal to me and I don't treat their trust in me lightly.  I cherish all of them, and value what they bring to the friendship.

7. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?  I can't remember the last time I was truly upset.  Things don't really bother me but if I do get upset, the feeling is gone within a few hours.  I tend not to hang on to things like that.
8. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?  This is going to sound really sappy.  Christmas is MY time.  I enjoy it from the beginning of December right til Epiphany.  I love the snowy weather, the colourful decorations, the real tree all decorated with ornaments that have meaning for me, the food and the company.  Everything about it makes me as excited as when I was a kid.
9. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?  Absolutely not!  I love my job and no amount of money would convince me to quit.  The practical side of me realizes that, if I won the money, I would be able to take time off for lots of vacations.
10. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I couldn't name one person but I would try to gather my family and friends together and have one-heck-of-a-blow-out party.
11. What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is the process of "existing". Truly living is "existing" on steroids!
12. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?  I've made lots of mistakes in my lifetime.  I like to think most were unintentional.  Have I learned from that? I suppose so but I know I'll make more errors in my remaining years, but that's part of life.  I'm not afraid.
13. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?    Well, for a start, I would tell people I'm enjoying a Second Life!  None of my family or friends know I'm in this world.  Hmmm...what would they say?
14. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?  Live life to the fullest, with no regrets.

OK...now I'm totally exhausted.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hair: Diva Hair Naomi
Gown: Azul Mia (gift)
Shoes: Gos Boutique Eva slingback (black)

Location: Stonehenge Outer Space Park