Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year Meme

    Dear Diary:
    I'm thrilled to see Berry doing her Monday Meme again.  I just love the challenge every week.  Makes me think!

    This meme concerns the old / new year so it's an interesting project.

     
  1. How did you spend New Year’s Eve? I spent it quite quietly.  Four of us, close friends that we are, got together for a gourmet dinner with lots of wine and lots of laughs.  It was just the way I like to see the new year come in.  I'm not much for the club variety of New Year's Eve where some stranger is trying to stick his tongue down my throat.
  2. Did you keep any new years’ resolutions? Oh I always make the usual resolutions - less eating / more exercising; less lying-on-the-bed reading / more going-out-and-doing-something; less I-want-that-spending / more I-need-that-spending but it seems my routine often comes out the same way in the end so this year I decided to save myself the embarrassment of breaking those promises the day after I make them.
  3. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? In my first life, I solved a problem at work that no one seemed to be able to.  I felt very good about that.  I guess it's always nice when you can figure out something that has been nagging at you.  In Second Life [or is it also RL?], I've been tackling some blogging challenges [like this one] and going a bit beyond my comfort zone.  I found I really love it.  I enjoy reading about fashion but as I've mentioned in many other posts, I'm not really good at describing the fashions which does the wonderful creators no good.  But I'm awesome at giving my opinion...on any topic. 
  4. What was the best thing you bought? In my real life, the best thing I bought was a well...like in water.  Someone came to my property to search for an appropriate place, then the drillers came in and got the job done.  I know...just how exotic is that?  But it was perfect for me.  I needed it.  In SL, I've bought so much this year I'm not sure what I like the best. I think I like it ALL. 
  5. What do you wish you’d done more of? In RL, I'm quite happy with what I accomplished this year.  I did some travelling but really enjoyed my time at home just relaxing so I'm very content with that.  In SL, I wish I had gone out to see more of the fabulous sims that people have created. Some are disappearing or have already done so. 
  6. What do you wish you’d done less of? I don't regret anything I've done...ever.  In RL, I have a wonderful life with family and a super network of friends.  In SL, I have great friends I talk to and share thoughts with. So no regrets!
  7. What was your favorite movie you watched this year? The best movie I've seen this year is "Philomena".  I belong to a Film Association and it was shown in December but I believe it's in regular theatres now.  It's an English film, starring Judi Dench, who I think is one of the treasured actors of this time.  Many people remember her as M in the James Bond movies. 
  8. What did you do on your birthday this year? Birthday?  Didn't I skip that this year?  I think I went out for supper.
  9. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. My Mom always told me, "Don't worry about something that you have no control over."  And I don't!
  10. What does 2014 hold for you? I really have no idea at all.  That's what makes life so exciting.  You don't know what's going to happen from one day to the next. 
Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Lipstick: Izzie's dark vibrant lipstick (rust)
Hands: SLink AvEnhanced hands (casual)
Nail polish: Izzie's Classic Nails
Hair: W&Y Model Hair #24 (no longer available)

Gown: Snowpaws Frivol gown (Harvest Moon)
Shoes: MSD018 Strapped (gold) (no longer available)

Chair: The Infinite Living Room comfy chair (no longer available)
Hat: 2014 Black Top Hat (SL Marketplace)
Party Horn: Okin's Party Horn (SL Marketplace)
Background: Happy New Year & people (SL Marketplace)