Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Blogging Journey Meme

Dear Diary:

I'm so late joining in Berry's Monday Meme [what day is it???] but I've been fighting a virus [Viral Strain blah blah blah A] and I'm just getting back to the real world today.  So I decided I would blog from my current spot.



  1. Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? I've only used my computer. 
  2. Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it?  I don't have a mission statement for my blog. 
  3. How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? When I come on a new blog that might interest me, I'll start to read it.  If it has a nasty, self serving, negative tone about stores or creators, other people or bloggers, or products they've received, I hit the "close" button. 
  4. Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors?  Alright.  I hate to admit it...but...yes!!  I'm a grammar and spelling junkie for sure.  Mistakes seem to jump out at me and I will always go back and correct.  Before I post, I usually go back and check again but some things have slipped through on me.  THEN when I realize it, I'm mad at myself for not realizing what happened.  I never judge others for grammar or spelling mistakes.  Some people have trouble with grammar or spelling which I can understand.  English is a difficult language.  Others have English as a second language and I marvel that they write as well as they do.  I could never ever write in another language.  English is hard enough for me.
  5. If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? There are so many talented bloggers that I would love to switch with.  I don't think I could name just one.  And then they would have to agree to switch with me. heheheh
  6. Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How?  I certainly hope so.  When I first started I thought I would be into fashion, since I seem to buy so much but I found I was lousy at it.  I do try and promote things in SL, through buying items and trying new venues.  I try to incorporate those things into some opinion pieces.  I might try something else in the future but I'm comfortable with that right now.  I think my photos have improved somewhat since the first several, years ago but more improvement on that part might call for a new computer.
  7. What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging?   I get to read other people's ideas and opinions about a common subject.  People amaze me with their abilities.
  8. When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in?  My answer to #6 has probably answered this question. I read all the kinds of blogs mentioned.  I like the techie ones because I always learn something from them and it gives me incentive to try something new.  I envy the fashion bloggers.  If only I could takes pictures [and look] like that.  Lifestyle bloggers bring us everyday life and that's what I enjoy reading. I probably am a somewhat Lifestyle blogger.
  9. What has blogging taught you? Blogging has given me the push to "put myself out there".  Even though I'm writing under an fake name, it's really ME writing these words.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I know not everyone agrees with mine and vice versa but it's great that we can all converse on a common level.
  10. Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. 1. Write about what you like.  2. Write positive words, otherwise #3 will be you.  3. As with everything in life - Try it.  If you don't like it, quit
On that final sentence, I'll say my good nights and blow my nose.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hands: SLink AvEnhanced hands (casual)
Feet: Gos Boutique Barefeet (arched)
Hair: W&Y Messy #122 (no longer available)
Sleep Shirt: Myst Fashion Snowflake night shirt (SL Marketplace)

Bed: La Galleria brass bed with white lace ruffled skirt
Laptop: what next iblog Laptop
"Sick stuff": Second Spaces sick day tissue; sick magazine and soup

Pose: Just a Pose (no longer available)