Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June is Graduation Month Everywhere (it seems)

Dear Diary:

It's Graduation time.  I've been to lots.  This week...this year...in my lifetime.


My first convocation was from high school.  I was not a devoted student but I made it through Grade 13.  I got my diploma but boycotted the ceremony.  I was protesting - something - but I can't remember what.  My next graduation came after my first foray at university.  I opted out from that ceremony too.  Back again at university, I was faced with  the last chance for partaking in a commencement.  My Mother begged me to at least go once to let her see me actually progress out of some school.  I went.

Now students seem to have a grad at every turn on their educational track.  I've gone to a kindergarten grad, with cap and gown; a junior elementary grad; and of course the senior public school convocation.  I've attended a high school gala, a college ceremony and a university commencement all in one week.  Yes, it's passages, rituals and part of growing up.  Of course, it's satisfying for the family to know that it's finally over...or is it?

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hands: Slink AvEnhanced hands (elegant)
Manicure: Izzie's Slink Classic Nail Appliers
Hair: Oh Hair Short (no Longer available)

Graduation gown: Meli Imako Ladies Graduation gown (SL Marketplace)
Gown includes diploma and hat (not shown)

Pose: Di's Opera

Location: Rockcliffe University Rotunda