Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Parfait For My Thanksgiving Dinner

Dear Diary:

I usually celebrate American Thanksgiving along with friends and relatives in the United States.  It's the traditional turkey dinner with the pumpkin pie for dessert at my house.  But this year, I decided to combine 2 important dates in November - tomorrow American Thanksgiving and National Parfait Day.  I bet you didn't realize that the delicious ice cream dessert had a day dedicated to it.


A parfait is a delicious mixture of ice cream, whipped cream with the addition of any kind of syrups or fruits.  It can have candy or sprinkles added on top, served in a fancy dish.  Use your imagination when constructing a parfait.  Whatever you have in it, it proves to be a wonderful end to a huge dinner.  Yes, it sounds like a sundae (and it kinda is) but "parfait" gives it a Continental touch.  My fav is vanilla ice cream, sliced bananas, hot fudge sauce topped with LARGE amounts of whipped cream, sprinkled with toasted pecans.  Totally yummy!!  That's what I'll be eating tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.  No matter what you have for your meal, enjoy the company of family and friends.  And try a parfait.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Lashes: mock Priscilla Eyelashes
Lipstick: Pink Fuel Glossy Pout Pink (Love)
Teeth: Izzie's Teeth #4
Hands: Slink AvEnhanced (casual)
Hair: Wasabi Pills Karin (FaMESHhed November)

Tee: WCanvas Off shoulder long t-shirt

Table and chair: La Galleria Pine French

Parfaits: Kennedy's Holiday Cheer Parfait Soda Drink Set (A) (SL Marketplace)