Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Perception of Second Life

Dear Diary:

Thinking about Second Life for Berry's Monday Meme....


1. What is your perception of Second Life? Second Life has shown me just how creative people are.  I've had friends who are artists in their main world and are able to bring their talent into this world.  I'm amazed at all the creators who provide us with items and continue to produce more elaborate things.  It's a place where I can go and try my hand at creating.  I enjoy being in my second world.

2. Do you feel the portrayal or reputation Second Life seems to have in the mainstream media is justified?  No.  In the past I've read articles maligning Second Life for being nothing but a place for free sex.  I believe most of these journalists have never tried Second Life because it certainly offers a lot more. 

3. Do you talk about your Second Life with your real life friends and family? No.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, most of my friends wouldn't understand.  At one time I did mention it to a few friends and they weren't sure what I was talking about.  They passed it off as, "Oh...that's just Dreamer.  She does those crazy things."  I'm not ashamed of being here.  I'm tired of trying to explain it.

4. What is your most favorite thing to do in Second Life?  My picture shows one of my most favourite things.  My first world is a cold and snowy one for almost half a year.  In my second world, I have a lovely home in a tropical setting.  I can fly there in my coat and boots, pull up a beach chair and sit in the sun all day long.  I can organize my thoughts, listen to music and wash away the problems of the day.  When I've done that, I can change into some summery clothes, go dancing, visit an art gallery, fly to exotic locations or talk to my friends.  It's a wonderful life!

No video today...maybe next time.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hands: Slink AvEnhanced v2 (casual)
Hair: Argrace Aya

Coat: ufo mustang duffle coat (cream)
Jeans: Emery  mid rise skinny jeans Kooks (original)
Boots: ufo tongku boots (red)
Gloves: Izzie's Fluffy gloves for Slink hands
Hat: Wonton pearl wool beanie (taupe/white)
Sunglasses: HOC Industries Ladies Sunglasses

Chair: NanTra Poses Life's a Beach Chair (pose in chair)

Location: The patio at my home (La Galleria Palo Alto house)