Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Night At The Museum

Dear Diary:

I love Dove chocolates so the other night when I ate my daily allowance, the message on the inside of the red foil wrapper spoke to me.  It said "Renew your sense of discovery".  I needed to do that again.

I always enjoyed reading about dinosaurs, as a kid and as an adult.  I wanted to be a paleontologist.  I did study anthropology in university but went on to pursue another career.  I decided to look in this world for a place to look at dinosaurs again and I found the Museum of Natural History and it turned out to be a fantastic trip.


The museum featured meat eaters;

Allosaurus

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
plant eaters;
Stegosaurus

and an example of a large marine reptile, all from the Jurassic Period. 



Plesiosaurus
One of the outstanding fossil exhibits is also from the Jurassic Period, a very large and imposing herbivore.  I just had to stand in a position to show how massive it was.

Diplodocus

Some of the exhibits have notecards that you can receive while others have the ability to see some movement or hear a roar.  I believe all dinosaurs are built to scale.

I've been to museums in Canada and United States, always looking at dinosaurs.  I was very impressed with the one in Second Life.  If you get a chance, fly out to take a look at the exhibits there.  There are many more than I've shown. 

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hair with hat: LeLutka Chill

Blouse: OverHigh Nova Loose T-shirt (gray)
Jeans: BoHo HoBo Mesh skinny jeans (black)
Sweater: tram J.l. cardigan
Shoes: fri basic flats (charcoal)

Location: Museum of Natural History Vienna