Friday, May 15, 2015

How Could I Have Done That?

Dear Diary:


Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!  That's me kicking myself all the way around SL.  Last Sunday while waiting to go out for a lovely Mother's Day Brunch, I was in a (reliable) group talking about different items related to the group objective.  Everyone was complaining how huge their inventories were getting and I was right along with them.  A few people mentioned different organizers that could be purchased through Marketplace.  I was listening intently and thought this might be a good idea for me to be able to get my inventory under control.  Not thinking, I clicked on one of the Marketplace addresses that was offered.  Well, it was definitely the WRONG thing to click on.  I wondered why it didn't take me any place - hmmm - shrugged my shoulders and continued on.

The next morning I decided to take a quick log in before work.  I had bought some planters for my home and wanted to see how they looked.  I couldn't log in.  Never thought anything about it until a friend emailed me to say I was "persona non grata".  I quickly tried again and still couldn't log in.  I was nobody!

So, yes.  When I clicked on that link, it gave someone my log in identification and they literally wiped me out and deleted my account.  Through the perseverance of Linden Labs, I was able to get my identity back AND the money into my account.  I was so grateful.  I did get most of my inventory back except for my new flower planters, some furniture and my pet flamingo.

This was a tough lesson.  I've been in SL long enough to know that everyone here is NOT my friend; that everyone here is NOT here for fun; and that everyone here is NOT honest.

I paid the price.  I should have known better.

Good Night for now.